Tinibay Kaukenov’s Mosque is an architectural monument of the middle of the XIX century and situated on the left bank of Semey, near the river station. The mosque was built in 1830-40 and funded by a Kazakh merchant of the second guild Tinibay Kaukenov. Tinibay Kaukenov, the Kazakh of "Uak" clan, was a merchant of the second guild merchant class. This is evidenced by an archival material dated from August 22 1839 "Report on the state of the Kirghiz, wandering the city of Semipalatinsk": "... one Semipalatinsk Kirghiz Tinibay Kaukenov trading in the steppe, was able to gather a pretty hefty capital and built a house in the city, since 1839, he has already entered the list of merchants of the third guild". This Information is still preserved in the archives of Kazakhstan: 1842 - "The Case of considering the elder of Uvakovsk parish Kaukenov as the member of the merchant class of Semipalatinsk". All the above mentioned historical data confirms that, in fact, T.Kaukenov lived in Semipalatinsk. As a merchant, he built a house on the left bank of the Irtysh. And he constructed a house of prayer near the house. T.Kaukenov lived until the early XX century. From the 70s he becomes the second guild merchant.
There are some records on the history of the mosque of T.Kaukenov found in the National Archives of Kazakhstan. According to the statement written on May 6, 1858 "On the number of Mohammedan mosques and male - female worshipers of Semipalatinsk", there were 145 male and 137 female parishioners in the mosque of T. Kaukenov. Referring to reliable historical data, it is assumed that the mosque was built in 1840.
The foundation of the mosque was built of stone, and the walls up to the dome of the minaret were wood. Two tier halls are constructed inside the mosque, the ground floor is designed for male prayers, the top - for women. The dome and the part of the outer walls are decorated with carvings of different shapes. The Architecture of the monument belongs to the type of so-called "Siberian Tatar" mosques, as for the design concept, it is very similar to the monuments of the Orthodox religious architecture, in which different-sized constituent parts strung one axle. It differed mainly in the form of the dome and vertical top, traditional for Islam. The minaret of the mosque crowns a part of the mosque by a similar "refectory" or the porch of the Russian church architecture. Quadrangle of the main volume in Orthodoxy supplemented by a small quadrangle or octagon, in Islamic architecture, it is usually decorated with a similar addition to a slightly different interpretation of the dome cover. The walls of the mosque are decorated meanly. They enliven with the help of window area of rectangular shape, as well as lucarnes of the upper tier of the main volume, which answer for illuminating the women room. Furnace tubes and downspouts decorated with fancy patterns complete the decor. Nowadays there are rooms for lavation on the left side of the mosque, and additional rooms, built of white silicate brick, for training.