The only post-soviet museum of the outstanding Russian poet Pavel Nikolaevich Vasiliev is located in Pavlodar, Dostoevsky Street 121.
P.Vasilev - a poet with a tragic fate, so typical of the creative people of that time. His works were added to the treasury of Russian Soviet literature of the 20th century, where were joined two cultures - European and Asian, two people - Kazakh and Russian.
The fate prepared ordeal to the poet, he was destined to live only 27 years and died in fatal 1937 year, at the peak of his creativity and talent. The artistic heritage of the poet was banned for many years. It was rehabilitated in 1957, and the first posthumous collection of his works immediately released after the light. Poetic heritage of P.Vasilyev is more than 200 songs and 14 poems.
The house-museum of the poet P.Vasilyev was opened in 1994. The establishment of this museum has its own history.
The literary department was opened in the regional historical museum named after Potanin in 1987, and based on this department opened new museum of art and literature.
According to initiations and requests of enthusiasts- vasileveds, the literary department was located in the house of the poet by E.A. Vyalava on December 1990. However, the house, which was built in 1866, was in a poor condition. According to these reasons, the building was decided to renovate. Reconstruction lasted for several years.
The grand opening of the house-museum of P.Vasilyev was on 23 December 1994. It was significant that the opening was for the 85th anniversary of the poet. The bust of the poet was installed in the courtyard of the museum. Sculptor E. Mergenov and architect K. Mantahaev worked on the creation of it.
There is relatively small area (area of the museum is only 55.7 m) in one exhibition hall, museum staff managed to comfortably accommodate more than 2,000 exhibits by recreating the life of the poet and acquainting visitors with his work. The staff of the museum has 13 employees; all of them are admirers of P.Vasilyev. They know very well his biography, and are happy to share information with visitors. Employees of the house-museum conducted painstaking work on the reconstruction of the interior, which is appropriate with interior of 20s of the XX century in Pavlodar province, developed relationships with vasileveds, and country replenished fund of the museum.
The first director of the museum was L.G.Buneeva. L.S.Kashina managed the museum from January of 1998 year.
It is needed years and efforts of many people to restore the true biography of the poet and his literary legacy. The house-museum concentrates on all materials of the poet today. Visitors are introduced with the family heirlooms of Vasilyev, including books, manuscripts, a knife for cutting paper, ashtray, casket which was belonged to poet's mother Glafira Matveyevna, lifetime editions were autographed by P. Vasiliev, photos. Little, which is preserved and still manages to find, presents a lasting value.
Literary-musical evenings for lovers of poetry, meetings with famous writers, meetings for literal joining named after Pavel Vasilyev, where along with well-known poets improve their skills and beginners - are provided on the walls of "Basil Reserve", so residents of Pavlodar call House-Museum with love.
Now House-Museum of P.Vasilyev was recognized as a methodological center for the study of P.Vasilyev's work and life. Many vasileveds from various areas of Kazakhstan and Russia come to this place for studying the materials.
Over years delegations of foreign visitors from the United States, France, Germany, Poland, China and Belarus visit the house-museum. Name of the P.Vasilyev and his works are known not only in the CIS countries, his works have been translated into Ukrainian, Belarusian, Polish, Bulgarian, German and other languages.
Doors of the House-Museum are always open for fans and poetry lovers of P.Vasilyev and for all, who are interested in the history of the cultural life of the city.